Borough of Coopersburg

Flag as Inappropriate

<p>Main Street, which runs through the center of Coopersburg, Pennsylvania was once part of an Indian trail that settlers followed on their way to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. By 1840, the area became a waystation for the trek to Philadelphia, and the settlement was named Coopersburg.</p>
<p>Town Hall, at the north end of the Borough, houses several government offices, as well as the police station. When the building was built in in 1933 the borough planned on constructing a bowling alley in the basement of the building. Unfortunately, it never materialized.  Outside the front of the building is a clock erected by the Coopersburg Historical Society. The "Friends of Coopersburg School" donated significant matching money to help the Historical Society make the purchase of the Town Clock possible. Fred Derby of Coopersburg Construction Company donated his company's efforts to handle the installation of the new clock. </p> <p>Also in Town Hall, is the Coopersburg Historical Museum which is  open the first Sunday of the month from 1pm - 4pm.</p> <p>City Council meets at Town Hall, as well as zoning, planning, and historical preservation. The Borough Council meets the second and fourth Tuesday of the month with the exception of June, July, August and December.</p>
5 N Main St, Coopersburg, PA 18036
(610) 282-3307
  • Fax: 610-282-4688
  • Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 4:30pm
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »