Chances are you know a veteran. There are more than 21.8 million of them in the United States, according to the 2010 Census. Here's some information you may not know, along with a list of what's open and closed this Veterans Day.
- 21.8 million: The number of military veterans in the United States in 2010.
- 1.6 million: The number of female veterans in 2010.
- 2.4 million: The number of black veterans in 2010.
- 7.6 million: Number of Vietnam-era veterans in 2010. Thirty-five percent of all living veterans served during this time (1964-1975).
- 3.4 million: Number of veterans with a service-connected disability.
Source: 2010 American Community Survey
ServicesVeterans Day (Friday) District Court
ClosedLehigh County Offices Closed
Coopersburg Borough Offices
No regular delivery; Express packages only with additional feeUpper Saucon Municipal Building
Lower Milford Municipal Building