Residents of Coopersburg may not know Joe Volk, but they certainly have benefited from his involvement in municipal government.
Volk, a 1952 Coopersburg High School graduate, has spent the majority of his adult life contributing to Coopersburg. "I think someone once added up all the hours [Joe's] contributed, and it's well over a thousand," said Councilman Jack Felch at the July council meeting.
Volk's contributions to the borough include:
- Zoning Hearing Board chairman, 2006-present
- Borough Council, 1998-2005
- Coopersburg Community Day chairman, 1996-2004
- President and vice president of the Coopersburg Historical Society
- Coopersburg Borough Revitalization program Steering Committee since its inception, 2005-2009
Volk is also on the Lehigh Carbon Community College Board of Trustees, a position he has held since 1970.
Borough council will honor Volk at 7 tonight for his ongoing and enduring contributions to the community. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
What: Coopersburg Borough Council honors Joe Volk
When: Tonight, Aug. 9, 7pm
Why: To honor Volk for his numerous contributions to the borough.