Note: To provide readers with additional information, candidates' names (below) have been linked to previously published Patch profile stories or—if known—campaign websites or Facebook pages.
Tuesday is election day in Pennsylvania.
Polls in the Southern Lehigh area and throughout the commonwealth will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If you experience polling or problems, or need to find out where your polling place is located, contact the Lehigh County Voter Registration office at 610-782-3194.
To see a complete list of candidates, visit the voter registration website and click on 2013 Official Municipal Election Ballot (highlighted in red).
Additional information is available via the Lehigh County Voter Registration homepage.
List of abbreviations:
- I = Incumbent
- D = Democrat
- R = Republican
- R-D = Cross-filed in primary election and obtained enough votes on both Republican and Democratic ballots to earn a spot on the general election ballot.
Coopersburg borough races
- Mayor: Gary Hovis (R) (unopposed)
- Borough Council (Four-year term, vote for no more than FOUR candidates): Dennis M. Balascak (I-R), Richard M. Nalichowski (I-D), Harvey R. Greenland (I-R), Timothy E. Pica (R), Jonathan Mack (R)
Lower Milford Township races
- Township Board of Supervisors (Six-year term, vote for ONE candidate): Mike Snovitch (I-D), Gail A. Hunsberger (R)
- Tax Collector (Four-year term): Jessica Skibicki (R-D) (unopposed)
- Township Board of Supervisors (Six-year term): Philip Spaeth (R-D) (unopposed)
- Tax Collector (Four-year term): Deborah Herstine (I-R)
- Auditor (Six-year term): Michael Grim (R)
Southern Lehigh School District races
- Southern Lehigh School Board, School director (Four-year term, vote for no more than FOUR candidates): Elizabeth Stelts (I-D), Thomas McLoughlin (I-R-D), Dorothy Mohr (I-D), William C. Hayes (I-R), Kathleen Parsons (R-D), Brian Merkle (R)
Thomas Muller, D, of Lower Macungie
Scott Ott, R, of Lower Macungie
- Lehigh County Commissioner, District 5
Michael Schware, R, of Allentown
- Ballot Question: