Update 4:30pm 11/1-
According to PPL as of 4:30pm, 663 homes in Coopersburg, 1152 in LMT, and 5758 in UST are without power. 0 restored in Coopersburg, 307 in LMT, and 1234 in UST.
- Tonight, Yianni's is offering a free bowl of soup with no additional purchase necessary for anyone who comes in and would like hot soup. They open at 5pm.
- Check out our list of road closures in Upper Saucon Township
- Check out our list of road closures in Lower Milford Township
- Lower Milford Board of Supervisors meeting scheduled for this evening has been cancelled.
- Dedication of Liberati Intermediate School Postponed
Update 11am 11/1-
According to PPL, as of 11am, 0 homes in Coopersburg, 1152 in LMT, and 5732 in UST are without power. 8 restored in Coopersburg, 307 in LMT, and 1234 in UST.
- Some power on at the Promenade, including Barnes and Noble (coffee books, yea!)
- Due to the recent storm and the aftermath…the Board of Supervisors Workshop scheduled for 11/1/12 has been moved to Thursday 11/8/12.
- School House Road between Zionsville Road and Scout Road is scheduled to be closed for work on a box culvert from 11/12 through 11/16.
- PSU-LV Friday class decision made at 4pm today. SAGE lecture cancelled tomorrow 11/2.
As of 12pm Oct. 31, 0 homes in Coopersburg, 456 in LMT, and 8685 in UST are without power. 8 restored in Coopersburg, 307 in LMT, and 8 in UST.
- Upper Bucks YMCA has showers, wifi, and electricity for recharging.
- UST has extended compost hours (see our Facebook for more details)
- Shula's is offering free dessert for it's FB fans when they open tonight at 4pm
- UST has released a list of road closures (also available on our Facebook page)
As of 1:15pm, 0 homes in Coopersburg, 458 in LMT and 8696 in UST are without power. 305 restored in LMT 8 in Coopersburg, and 0 in UST.
As of 11am, 0 homes in Coopersburg, 458 in LMT, and 8696 in UST are without power. 305 restored in LMT 8 in Coopersburg, and 0 in UST.
- From UST: Traffic lights are currently out at 309/378 and 309/Center Valley Parkway. The Township website is currently down and cannot be updated. For now, FB and Twitter are our best means of communication.
- From the Rail Trail: I'm sure that everyone is aware, but, please be patient with the SRT, I'm sure that there are trees down across the trail. All chainsaw work must be done by the municipalities. Feel free to walk the trail with loppers or hand saws to help clear the trail. You can also help by reporting large trees down on this Facebook page, try to give accurate locations using mile markers and road crossings.
- From the Promenade Shops:The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley currently has no electricity and will remain CLOSED today Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
As of 11pm, 8 homes in Coopersburg, 512 in LMT, and 8663 in UST are without power. 305 in LMT restored, 0 in Coopersburg, 0 in UST.
- Online scanner for Lehigh County Communications down.
As of 10pm, 8 homes in Coopersburg, 512 in LMT, and 8653 in UST are without power. 305 in LMT restored, 0 in Coopersburg, 0 in UST.
- Editor's note: As of 10:15pm, I lost power. I'll keep bringing updates as long as I can. When I lose computer power, I will be updating exclusively to Facebook and Twitter. Like our Facebook page follow our Twitter feed to get the information.
As of 9pm, 8 homes in Coopersburg, 515 in LMT, and 2963 in UST are without power. 92 in LMT restored, 0 in Coopersburg, 0 in UST...same as 8pm update, ICW
- Roads are being shut down, evacuations are happening. Like our Facebook page follow our Twitter feed for the latest up-to-the-minute information.
- Early reports of evacuations to the Trexler School in Allentown. We will bring you more on theis story as it develops.
As of 8pm, 8 homes in Coopersburg, 343 in LMT, and 2336 in UST are without power. 92 in LMT restored, 0 in Coopersburg, 0 in UST
- Warnings issued for several locations throughout Southern Lehigh, including the Promenade. Like our Facebook page follow our Twitter feed for the latest up-to-the-minute information.
As of 7pm, 8 homes in Coopersburg, 326 in LMT, and 2327 in UST are without power
From DeSales University to students-
- Anyone telling you to evacuate is wrong. An email has been sent, please read the entire email.
As of 5pm, 297 homes in LMT and 173 in UST are without power
From UST Fire Co. (re: pumping water out of your basement)-
- If it is under 4-6 inches there is nothing we can do because the pumps and hoses we have will not work with that little amount of water.
- If it is greater than that their best course of action would be to call the Lehigh county communication center, NOT 911 the county # is 610-437-5252 but residents must understand that it will probably not be a rapid response pending on emergency calls we have
As of 2:30pm, 225 homes are without power in Lower Milford.
- Red Cross Shelter Will Open at Noon Monday in Bethlehem
- Hurricane Shelter Opening for Lehigh Valley Pets
- 10 Ways to Use Patch During Hurricane Sandy
- Check out the latest information from Upper Saucon Township on our Facebook page.
Original Story 6am-
As we hunker down to ride out Hurricane Sandy, we want to make sure that the Upper Saucon area stays connected.
Send us messages through social media and email (email@example.com) and we’ll make sure the information is added here.
If you notice wires down or a tree across the road, please alert authorities and then let us know so we can spread the word quickly. You can add information or ask questions as part of this story in the comments section below.
Upper Saucon Patch is all about connecting neighbors so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful as we brave the storm together. Stay safe!