Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Rice Garden Vegetable has been voluntarily recalled by because the product may contain milk, an undeclared allergen, according to a press release.
There have been no reports of illnesses, the press release adds, and the product is safe for people who do not have an allergy to milk.
The product information:
- Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Rice Garden Vegetable
- 4.7 oz.
- UPC 5480040778
- Best Before August, 2012
- Code Dates: 133BA4RP06 or 133BB4RP06
The product should be thrown away or brought to any Giant. A full refund is available with a receipt of purchase.
Symptoms of food allergies usually appear within a few minutes to two hours after a person has eaten a food they are allergic to.
Reactions can include:
- Flushed skin or rash
- Tingling or itchy sensation in the mouth
- Face, tongue or lip swelling
- Vomitting and/or diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps
- Coughing or wheezing
- Dizziness and/or lightheadedness
- Swelling of the throat and vocal cords
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
For more information, call Uncle Ben's consumer care line at 1-800-548-6253 or Giant's customer service line at 1-888-814-4268.