Giant is pulling a brand of veggie burgers from its shelves due to a possible bacterial contamination, according to the supermarket chain.
The grocery chain said Friday it was recalling packages of its Veggie Patch Ultimate Meatless Burger to possible contamination by listeria monocytogenes. Eating food infected with this organism can lead to listeria, which causes fevers, severe headaches, neck stiffness and nausea. It can be fatal in some cases.
The recall affects nine ounce packages Veggie Patch Ultimate Meatless Burger, with the UPC code 61012900211 and January 12, 2013 sell-by date.
So far, no illnesses have been reported from the burgers.