- This just in from SLSD Superintendent Joe Liberati: No decision has been made yet about school, but it will be made by 5:30am. The only school without power is Lower Milford Elementary, but power is expect before midnight. A tree accross Limeport Pike will cause rerouting if school opens as planned.
- Reports are coming in that there are evacuations happening right now in Upper Saucon Township.
- The Promenade Shops will remain closed today due to lack of power.
- No word yet from Southern Lehigh School District about the start of school tomorrow. We'll keep you updated.
On Upper Saucon Patch, we take our local storm coverage seriously. We will have a continuous stream of information from our contacts at all three townships as well as the school district and local organizations.
Currently, we have reports from all three township managers, as well as the Southern Lehigh School District.
- "In Upper Saucon, as far as flooding, the place most likely to impact motorists is at the intersection of Route 309 and Center Valley Parkway. All public works personnel are on call to help." -Upper Saucon Township Manager Tom Beil
- "If people must travel they should stick to state roads and avoid low-lying areas and places where there are stream crossings. Personnel are ready to go. We have placed links on our website homepage for residents to access the storm tracker and preparedness information from the Red Cross." -Lower Milford Township administrator Gina Wooler
- "The borough is currently preparing all necessary equipment for storm damage, the fire department will be preparing the sump pumps and the police department will be assisting with traffic control. The Emergency Management Coordinator is keeping the borough up to date on the path of the storm and any precautions that we need to do." -Coopersburg Borough Township Manager Dawn Kresge
- "The superintendent and assistant superintendent are watching the weather very closely. We are in contact with our transportation company as well. Currently there are no plans to change [the first day of school on Monday], but if there were, it would be like a snow day. We'd send it out through ConnectED." -Southern Lehigh School Administrator Diana Millman
Editor's Note: Patch will be covering the impact of the storm throughout the weekend. Please share your observations and photos by commenting, uploading a photo to a published story, or emailing email@example.com.