Kids Day at The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley
The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley will host Kids Day on Saturday, August 18*, 2012 from 11am to 2pm. This special event will feature a variety of fun and interactive exhibits, activities and giveaways for kids and their families throughout the outdoor Lifestyle Center.
To kick off the event at 11am, Upper Saucon Township Fire Department will raise a giant 20 foot x 30 foot American Flag high in the sky from their ladder truck, which will be located near The Children’s Place.
After the flag launch, Upper Saucon Township will host a safety exhibit featuring their fire trucks, police cruisers, ambulance, and other emergency vehicles on display for kids and families to explore from 11am to 2pm near Barnes & Noble. Local fire fighters will also feature an interactive Fire Safety House for kids. The Fire Safety House is a two-story mobile classroom, child-scaled and designed, to resemble an actual home. It provides children
with a hands-on, realistic learning experience in dealing with a house fire. The Fire Safety House is free admission.
The Kiwanis Club of Southern Lehigh will be at the event giving away items, including: Home Safety Checklist Booklets, Pencils, Bookmarks, and Early Learning Activity Calendars. Their station will also be located near Barnes & Noble.
There will be several activity stations from 11am to 2pm at The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley’s outdoor Patio Food Court, which is located near The Pita Pit and Pandini’s:
- Representatives from Color Me Mine will host an activity station that will help kids paint a clay “medallion” magnet. There is a $5 fee per medallion, and there will be different medallions and paint colors to choose from at the activity station. Medallions will be glazed and fired after the event.
- The first 150 kids at the Bricks 4 Kidz activity station will be able to make a LEGO mini-model. And, they will also feature a LEGO Spin Art Machine.
- Sweet & Sassy staff members will also be at the Patio Food Court, offering Glitter Star Tattoos, spray glitter & balloons. There store mascot Gabi will make a special appearance.
- Pacifico teach kids how to make strawberry lemonade at their activity station.
- Wells Fargo will hand out free Pencils and Balloons to kids.
- QuBot, QNB’s mascot, will make an appearance at the Patio Food Court while QNB representatives host a “Dino" Coloring activity station.
Some stores will also host activities inside their location:
- Murphy Jewelers will hand out FREE Ring Pops & Candy Necklaces, while supplies last.
- Dandelion will have a table with craft supplies, so kids can make their own jewelry.
- SneakerKing will host a Coloring Contest for kids up to age 14.
- Yankee Candle will also host a Coloring Contest in-store.
- Barnes & Noble will hand-out free Bookmarks and Coloring Pages to take home.
Store mascots, such as “Subman” from Subway, “Miss Maggie Moo” from Maggie Moo’s Ice Cream & Treatery, “Red” from Red Robin, and “Nestle Bunny” from Nestle Toll
House Café will make a special appearance at The Patio Food Court around Noon on Saturday, August 18, 2012.
Select Promenade Shops will feature one-day-only, back-to-school special offers. For a complete list of participating stores and special offers during Kids Day, visit www.ThePromenadeShopsatSauconValley.com.
*The event is weather permitting. The rain date is Sunday, August 19, 2012. Information will be available on www.ThePromenadeShopsatSauconValley.com if the event gets postponed due to weather.